Code of Conduct & Release Form
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” (Luke 6:31)
As a member of the Saint Nicholas Dance Ministry, I commit to following the Lord’s Golden Rule and treating my fellow dancers, directors, and all those who have authority in our parish with the same kindness, consideration, dignity, and respect with which I would like to be treated. This means that:
- I will show up regularly for practice on time and prepared to work.
- If I cannot attend practice or will be late, I will inform my director.
- I will participate in all my dance group’s assigned performances, including festival, Oxi Day, March 25 , and any extra performances assigned to my group. If I can not participate, it is my responsibility to inform my directors and obtain an excused absence. These performances are required for FDF participation.
- I, if I am dancer of the Axios and the Adult dance group, and or the parents of all dancers will participate in and assist with Dance Ministry fund raisers such as the Wine Night, See's, Frappe Sundays and the Preview Glendi.
- If part of the Adult/College Dance Group I will serve/set up for the Glendi/Preview.
- I will speak to others with deliberate kindness.
- I will not engage in forms of violence or any illegal activity.
- I will not disrupt practice by engaging in inappropriate behavior such as talking when I should be listening, using my cell phone or other electronics, dressing improperly or failing to follow instructions.
- I understand that participating in the Dance Ministry is a privilege. I realize that if I cannot follow these rules that I can be asked to leave practice, and that after repeated problems I can be asked to leave the program, become ineligible to attend FDF with my dance group, and forfeit my registration fees.
- I understand that I must register and pay the dancer registration fees by October 1st in order to participate in the dance program and/or FDF.
- I understand that 6 unexcused absences, or 3 consecutive unexcused absences can make me ineligible to participate at FDF, as seen fit by my directors and the Dance Council. If I do not attend practices regularly my directors have the right to ask me to sit out a dance or set at FDF, or I may be excluded altogether.
- I must show proof of FDF registration by December 31st in order to participate in FDF dance practices and attend FDF with my dance group.
- I acknowledge the information included in the Saint Nicholas Greek Dance Ministry Bylaws and agree to its terms.
- I understand I will not be given a costume if I am not in good standing with the Dance Council and Saint Nicholas Church.
- I, or my parents, will turn in my costume at the festival or by June 15 the latest to the Costume Closet.